Re: exim update not responding to update-rc.d

On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 10:03:43AM -0700, John Conover wrote:
> That was the question, Greg:
>
>     "Searching for exim in
>     /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/* and
>     /lib/systemd/system/* yields nothing."
>
> so, it wasn't there. Which service?, (or how to find out?)

So... I looked around for a buster system with exim.  It looks like
exim on buster was never converted to a systemd startup.  It's still
using legacy /etc/init.d/exim4 which is a big ol' honkin' script.

So, you need to apply sysv-rc methods to work with it.  Normally this
means you cd into /etc/rc2.d and rename the S* symlink so that it
won't start up.

Good luck.