Re: exim update not responding to update-rc.d

On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 09:17:38AM -0700, John Conover wrote:
> Searching for exim in /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/*
> and /lib/systemd/system/* yields nothing.
>
> How do I stop exim from launching across boots?

Presumably there is a systemd service, which is enabled.  You will want
to disable it.

So, figure out the name of this service (assuming it does in fact exist),
and then issue the command:

systemctl disable servicename

as root, of course.  That will make it refrain from starting up at the
next boot.  To stop it right now, also issue this command:

systemctl stop servicename

Or, if you prefer, you can combine the two:

systemctl --now disable servicename