Re: Google vs. DDG (was: Social-media antipathy)

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> As others say in this thread, you have to use your brain a bit more
> to be happy with DDG.

Don't try to insult. If you speak/use 1-2 languages it might be OK

> To me, honestly, this is a feature, not a bug.

I don't care - it does not delivery good search results, does it?

>> I'm sorry guys, but DDG is another joke.
>
> I don't know whether that wants to sound cool or what.

No, it wants to sound exactly as it was meant - a joke that you want to
convince me is useful. Well some kind of useful it is, but not much.

To sum up: neither Google nor DDG are satisfactory for different reasons.
Google for their policy of spying on you and DDG for the lack of better
algorithms.
Meanwhile I search in both :D
In the past 5-6 years things changed a lot. Censorship, algorithm
modifications, fake news flooding the web from left and right. I don't know
if it was D. Trump the reason for that, but the result is here to stay with
us. There is too much BS on the internet already. I've been thinking
starting over fresh might be the best choice.