Re: Google vs. DDG (was: Social-media antipathy)

Celejar wrote:

> Here's a sort of example I just ran into. When trying to find
> information about Thetis hardware security keys, DDG simply couldn't
> find the company's website: searching DDG for "thetis key" turns up (in
> the first page of hits) a bunch of Amazon listings, and a bunch of
> reviews of, and articles about, security keys that mention Thetis.
> Searching for the same thing on Google, OTOH, returns the company's
> website (https://thetis.io) as the first hit (along with a convenient
> list of pages on the site).
>
> At least, this is what I get here. Who knows what you'll see ...

Using DDG now for almost 4 weeks it seems to prefer english language sites,
does not provide correct answers and is in general a kind of waste of time
if I am not looking for linux related stuff.
This confirms once again the results of our 1998 study on search engines
where Google outperform all the engines that existed back then.

I'm sorry guys, but DDG is another joke. For example I wanted to know what
is Stieglitz in German - it is kind of bird, but I wanted to know how it
looks like. DDG results did not even come close to a bird.

regards