Re: how to use fetchmail with MS Office 365 / davmail?

On Sat, 01 May 2021 12:00:30 +0200
deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joe wrote:
>
> > There is nothing 'religious' about assuming that many private
> > businesses will take every opportunity to make money from you in
> > ways that you would not permit if you were given the choice. What
> > is the purpose of 'free' social media, after all? What about the
> > written guarantee cards provided with products since the early
> > twentieth century, to be returned to obtain some small additional
> > benefit? What were they if not the gathering of low-level
> > purchasing information to assist future marketing? We *know* that's
> > the kind of thing businesses do. We should expect them to use all
> > possibly technological assistance to do it more and better. And we
> > can certainly expect our rulers to spy on us whenever possible.
>
> Assumption is not evidence, but if you are intelligent enough, you
> would take precautions to make this assumption obsolete. It means you
> still do not know if this is true or not, but you take measures in
> case it is true.

Exactly so. You don't *know* that all the other drivers on the roads
with you are lunatics, but you try to drive so that it doesn't matter
too much if they are (disclaimer: I've never tried driving in Rome).
It's not sane to take precautions against events which cannot possibly
happen, but there are very few of those nowadays.

--
Joe