Re: how to use fetchmail with MS Office 365 / davmail?

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 20:48:07 +0100
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri 30 Apr 2021 at 09:04:03 +0100, Joe wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > We are aware that smartphones and the hypothetical 'smart' TV will
> > listen to conversations occurring in their vicinities, so we go
> > somewhere else for any private conversation.
>
> Basing one's behaviour on the hypothetical, imagined or presumed
> capabilties of physical objects around us is very sad.

I know someone who started to be shown online adverts that could only
have been based on a sound-wave conversation within the hearing of his
smartphone. I don't know about other similar claims, but I trust his.

Are you saying that you don't believe anyone could be that naughty? Go
look up 'superfish' and 'lenovo' if you're not aware of the incident,
and that was years ago. I don't believe that advertisers consider any
kind of non-lethal behaviour to be unethical.

--
Joe