Re: Command not found not working on kali linux

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 12:33:27AM -0400, Xhorium Tech wrote:
> OBTAINING FOLLOWING PROBLEM
>
> command-not-found version: 0.3
> Python version: 3.9.1 final 0
> Distributor ID: Kali
> Release:        2021.1
> Codename:       kali-rolling
> Exception information:
>
> unable to open database file
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/command-not-found/CommandNotFound/util.py", line 23, in
> crash_guard
>     callback()
>   File "/usr/lib/command-not-found", line 90, in main
>     cnf = CommandNotFound.CommandNotFound(options.data_dir)
>   File "/usr/share/command-not-found/CommandNotFound/CommandNotFound.py",
> line 79, in __init__
>     self.db = SqliteDatabase(dbpath)
>   File "/usr/share/command-not-found/CommandNotFound/db/db.py", line 12, in
> __init__
>     self.con = sqlite3.connect(filename)
> sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file

Run update-command-not-found as root to update the database?

Strictly, we can't support all Debian derivatives - but there was a very
similar complaint from a PureOS user recently on one of the lists

Otherwise man command-not-found will probably help :)

All the very best, as ever,

Andy C.