Re: how to use fetchmail with MS Office 365 / davmail?

Michael Grant writes:

I saw in the last 6 months a daemon that let you get oauth tokens on
linux and then it refereshed the token indefinitely until told to
stop.  Essentially making the token available on linux so you could
use it in another program that requied a password, for example
fetchmail or getmail.

I've tried to find it but I'm turning up nothing.  I'm pretty sure I
didn't imagine it!  Does anyone recall the name?  This could
definitely be helpful for fetching mail from an account with oauth
setup.

I do not know about a daemon, but `oathtool` (package `oathtool`) does a
fine job for TOTP based tokens here. Usage:

	$ oathtool --base32 JBSWY3DPEHPK3PXP
	282760

Of course, you will need to get the Base32 secret from somewhere. It can
often be accessed from the screens that tell you to scan a QR code with an
authenticator app if you press something like "I cannot scan the code" or
such.

HTH
Linux-Fan