Re: TDE (Trinity Desktop Environment) vs KDE

D. R. Evans wrote:

> I will also say that the modern KDE look, with its rather astonishing
> amount of wasted space, was not to my taste, although that was not the
> principal reason why I installed TDE.
>
> The biggest two annoyances I find in TDE as compared to KDE are both in
> Konqueror: a) the display of directories does not continually renew on
> changes; b)  when displaying image files, the images are not scaled down
> to fit within the current display panel. So it's not perfect. But I find
> it just a lot nicer to use than modern versions of KDE. Other people
> doubtless have different opinions.

The main reason and goal of the TDE community is to provide a stable working
environment. Indeed there are minor bugs, limitations likely and such as
old code that needs update, which is worked on and done constantly, but if
you want to sit down, do some work and go on - this is the perfect desktop
for me.
Even today with Qt5 the KDE is unstable to my taste, not to mention Gnome.
I want to just sit down do the work I did yesterday or an year ago and not
start debugging some application, configuration or whatever that was
working before. Another advantage is the low disk, memory and CPU
footprint.
And you can install and use all the shiny KDE5 or Gnome stuff you like.