Re: No networking after resume from suspend

Richmond wrote:
> When I resume from suspend there is no networking. I cannot find a way
> to restart it. I tried these various commands.
>
> systemctl restart network
> /etc/init.d/networking restart
> systemctl reset-failed
> systemctl restart networking.service
> systemctl restart network-online.target
> systemctl restart network-manager.service
> systemctl start network-manager.service
> systemctl stop network-manager.service
>
> lshw says:

>  product: 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
>  vendor: Marvell Technology Group Ltd.

Let's try from the bottom up?

ip link show
  will show you the interfaces recognized by the kernel. If this
  works, it might show you an eth0, an en0, or something like a
  enp22s0 device. Let's call it "SAM".

  If any part of SAM reads "down", do this:

sudo ip link set up SAM

  and make sure the cable is plugged in.

Now let's set an address.

ip addr show SAM
  that might show you an IPv4 address. If not, or if you don't
  think it looks right for your network, you can set one by
  hand:

sudo ip addr set 192.168.0.43/24 dev SAM

  or you can ask DHCP for one:

sudo dhclient SAM

Finally, try pinging your gateway router.

Let us know how far you get with this, and exactly what the
error messages are.

-dsr-