Re: scanner recommendation

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> As with all of these asking for recommendations type questions, there
> is little detail provided. For example, do you want a standalone scanner
> or would an MFD suit?
>
> sane-airscan supports all modern MFDs. Shopping online would allow you
> to submit your preferred choice here for scrutiny.

I really like my HP MFD laser printer/scanner. I use a combination of
hplip and CUPS and I'm able to scan over wifi in SimpleScan and XSane. I
used hp-makeuri that is part of hplip and used that URI to add the
printer in the CUPS web interface.

Altough, I've never gotten the autofeed to work properly... :(

--
rust
0x68caecc97f6a90122e51c0692c88d9cb6b58a3dc