Re: Attempt to use the chipset NVIDIA Corp MCP79 [GeForce 8200M G] (rev b1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]) with Dix. Teacher-Guide, Mr. Felix Miata

Susmita/Rajib composed on 2021-04-19 12:45 (UTC+0530):

> ... sufficient to purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau and restart X to
> engage the modesetting DIX. ...

> Query: you meant apt-get purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau ? Could you
> please help with the exact line?

All of the following should be equivalent:

	apt purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
	apt-get purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
	aptitude purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau

>  A note: it has repeatedly been checked that default nouveau never
> worked with the nvidia chipset of my laptop.

That's not good. Did it never work using Knoppix as well? Did you ever try any
Gnu/Linux distro that is neither Debian nor Debian-based? If never no matter the
distro, and if modesetting DIX fails as well, a bug should be reported.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/