Re: [?]List of Best Debian-approved laptops in India

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 21:52:25 -0400, Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net> wrote:
[...]
As above indicated, it works with Debian 10, using the FOSS default X driver
(Modesetting DIX), along with the Nouveau kernel driver it depends on. No
proprietary NVidia or other non-Debian software is required for competent Xorg
operation. I have other NVidia GPUs in other PCs, all newer than yours, and all
using the very same modesetting DIX driver.
[...]

Thank you, Dr./Mr Miata, for posting to my thread to inform me.

Much appreciated.

Can I make a request please? Could I send you a reply from the other thread at:
Subject:
Can the latest stable Debian be compelled to run in vesa mode, rather
than the motherboard graphics card, if the said card doesn't have
drivers available? How?

...as to address some specific questions of Dr./Mr. Cater, I created
that thread.

I am really interested as I find my problems getting solved.

Best.
Rajib