Re: command to start sshfs at bootup?

Hi Gene,

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 12:41:05PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> My best guess, and admittedly a WAG, certainly not a SWAG, is that ssh
> and its ilk have been around for yonks. It has not been updated to allow
> what the lastest rfc now does. Based on that, perhaps a low priority bug
> should be entered?

It's trivial to test this without wasting anyone's time:

$ getent hosts specialbrew
2001:8b0:ca07:c57a::5 specialbrew.localnet
$ ssh specialbrew hostname
specialbrew.localnet
$ echo "2001:8b0:ca07:c57a::5 specialbrew.localnet 3gene" | sudo tee -a /etc/hosts
2001:8b0:ca07:c57a::5 specialbrew.localnet 3gene
$ ssh 3gene hostname
The authenticity of host '[3gene]:2222 ([2001:8b0:ca07:c57a::5]:2222)' can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:fdRpfj3HfBaY3K3lCyrBIU2+/bUPX1e5EtC2/bInB5w.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added '[3gene]:2222' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
specialbrew.localnet

So no, you are not correct. If you somehow still think you are
please work out a reproducible test that confirms your theory,
before reporting a bug that forces someone else to spend time
debunking it.

Since you have a habit of not issuing commands people ask you to,
and issuing other commands without reporting that you have done so nor
recording what the effect was, my best guess is that you simply
changed something else that you have no recollection of. Another
string possibility is that you made a human error in the first
place. Now it works but you don't know what changed.

The "it starts with a number" theory is not it.

Regards,
Andy