Re: command to start sshfs at bootup?

On Sunday 18 April 2021 10:05:36 Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 11:31:20PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Saturday 17 April 2021 21:47:20 Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > > getent hosts 3dprint
> >
> > nothing is returned.
>
> For the record, I cannot reproduce this on bullseye.
>
> unicorn:~$ grep hosts /etc/nsswitch.conf
> hosts:          files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns
> unicorn:~$ grep 3d /etc/hosts
> 10.0.69.3	3dprint.local 3dprint
> unicorn:~$ getent hosts 3dprint
> 10.0.69.3       3dprint.local 3dprint
>
> I'm not saying that *all* programs will handle this hostname
> correctly, but bullseye's version of getent(1) does.  Assuming of
> course that you have corrected your broken configuration, which had
> "3d" instead of "3dprint" in the hosts file.

That was in the alias position of the hosts files. And while is now been
removed, it did work as an alias to dddprint.

My best guess, and admittedly a WAG, certainly not a SWAG, is that ssh
and its ilk have been around for yonks. It has not been updated to allow
what the lastest rfc now does. Based on that, perhaps a low priority bug
should be entered? If ones memory is working, and at 86, that's iffy at
best, but having been bit 2x by it now, I'll remember it a little
better.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis