Re: pci 0000:00:01:0: MSI quirk detected; subordinated MSI disabled ...

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 06:30:41AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 15 April 2021 03:50:19 didier gaumet wrote:
>
> > Le 15/04/2021 à 02:29, Albretch Mueller a écrit :
> > >   if I boot up passing to the kernel the start up option:
> > >
> > >   knoppix64 debug pci=nomsi noapic
> > >
> > >   I would get just two lines further bellow:
> > >
> > >   pci 0000:00:01:0: MSI quirk detected; subordinated MSI disabled
> > >   PCI Interrupt Link [LNKA] enabled at IRQ 11
> > >   PCI: setting IRQ 11 as level-triggered
> > >
> > >   and the boot process would stop.
> > >
> > >   is there a way for me to know what the next step would be? The
> > > kernel boot up logs should be " (do)ing ....", "... ok"

Hello Albretch

Are you still subject to constraints in what you can do with your hardware: I
know a while back in other threads on this mailing list you said that you had
to use virtual machines / live disks.

Is this a desktop / laptop and do you have the ability to change whatever
settings you need?

All the very best, as ever,

Andy C.