Re: hello. Please help this big report go in the correct direction....

Timothy Danielson wrote:
> don't read it if you feel huried,) I Respect what you do and I REALLY,
> REALLY hate to ask for this level of assistance. I'm using PureOS, which I
> guess is a derivative of Debian. I had started with 7.0 (Wheezy) and went
> to 8.0. I never had the gonads to use Sid TBH. I ran the stables. Although
> I ws a TINY variant by running a KDE desktop. I also had XFCE and LXDE?
> installed, for really no other reason than I had read about them and
> certain authors SWORE by them so I gave them a whirl.

It appears that PureOS is a derivative of Debian. That means
that the people responsible for PureOS changed Debian to suit
their needs. Nobody outside of PureOS's maintainers and users is
familiar with what they changed, so Debian users can only offer
you limited help.

It looks like PureOS doesn't have a mailing list or forum for
their users, only a wiki and a bug tracker at:

https://tracker.pureos.net/

In this case, there appear to be two issues:

> I messed up! there was a process that dely I umped more info and it
> overwrote! ARRRGHH! I will try to reproduce it
>
> https://www.maketecheasier.com/backup-files-to-google-drive-linux/
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alessandro-strada/ppa

First issue: nobody except Alessandro Strada knows the contents
of the packages in this repository. You should seek help from
him.

> sudo apt update && sudo apt install google-drive-ocamlfuse
>
> mkdir -p ~/mount/google-drive
>
> I believe I created this dir and this is where the headaches started:

Creating that directory is unlikely to a problem in and of
itself.

> timdanielson@td546:~$ google-drive-ocamlfuse ~/mount/google-drive
> Could not find the database of available applications, run
> update-command-not-found as root to fix this
> Sorry, command-not-found has crashed! Please file a bug report at:
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
> Please include the following information with the report:
>
> command-not-found version: 0.3
> Python version: 3.7.3 final 0
> Distributor ID: PureOS
> Release:        9.0
> Codename:       amber

This is not a problem with google-drive-ocamlfuse itself, though
problems there might exist. This is a problem with a package
literally called "command-not-found", which PureOS installed.

You might fix this problem with

sudo update-command-not-found

or that might not help.

-dsr-