minimize daemon downtime for apt upgrade

Greetings!

Scenario:

I have a Sid desktop computer that acts as a router for my home network.

If I wait for a few months to perform an "apt upgrade", many packages get upgraded.

The upgrade starts with shutting down isc-dhcp-server (in order to upgrade it), then starts to upgrade all the packages, and finally some hours later the upgrade starts isc-dhcp-server.

This is a bit annoying as it DoS'es all the other computers on my network.

I know I could do:

apt install isc-dhcp-server
apt upgrade

to work around this issue.

Is there something more elegant? Like a "minimize downtime" for a package config file?

Hand-wavy solution...

$ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/minimize-downtime
APT::Minimize-Downtime {
    bind9
    apache2
    isc-dhcp-server
}

Does anyone think this idea could be pushed into package metadata?

Thanks for any help or dialog.

-m