Re: Modern best practice for putting a contact email on the web

On Mon, 2021-04-05 at 19:39 -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> Celejar wrote:

> > > Because it doesn't work. If it worked as well as, say, moving
> > > your SSH port*, I would encourage it. It does not.
> >
> > Source? Is this your personal experience, or do you have some other
> > basis for this? Cloudflare, for example, asserts that:
> >
> > "Cloudflare Email Address Obfuscation helps in spam prevention by
> > hiding email addresses appearing in your pages from email harvesters
> > and other bots, while remaining visible to your site visitors."
>
> Source: experience from being actively involved in the Internet
> for 25 years, including time on anti-spam initiatives at BBN and
> Akamai, various mail anti-abuse working groups (now
> https://www.m3aawg.org/ which I'm not currently involved with
> particularly) and running personal and corporate mail servers
> for most of that time.

With experiences like that, you should be already well on your way to
taking care of this:

https://www.spamhaus.org/css/removal/record/2600:3c03::f03c:91ff:fe25:c4ae

Your emails keep going into Spam/Bulk folders. :)

Best wishes,

-Jim P.