Re: Modern best practice for putting a contact email on the web

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 14:12:07 -0400
Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> Celejar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What's the recommended modern best practice for putting a contact email
> > address on the web while avoiding having it scraped by spam / fraud
> > bots?
>
> Assume that every address will be hit by spammers and scammers.
> Put in appropriate antispam and antimalware precautions.

Okay, but why isn't trying to limit spammers getting hold of an address
a logical part of a defense in depth strategy?

> Train your people to recognize spam and scams.

I'm talking about a small hobby project that I run in my spare time. I
just want to reduce spam to an address that I may put up to allow
people to reach me.

> -dsr-

Celejar