Modern best practice for putting a contact email on the web

Hi,

What's the recommended modern best practice for putting a contact email
address on the web while avoiding having it scraped by spam / fraud
bots?

I'm aware of many of the techniques in use, such as the ones discussed
here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23002711/how-to-show-email-addresses-on-the-website-to-avoid-spams

but I don't know how smart the current bots are and which methods are
likely to still be effective. I want to use free software, of course,
and I want to avoid server side stuff, since I want to put an address
on a simple third party web page that I do not control but have the
ability to put basic HTML on. I suppose I could use a text-to-image
generator (a sort of reverse OCR), like this one:

https://www.generateit.net/email-to-image/

but I'd rather find a FLOSS tool to do this, and I'd rather not provide
the email address to some random site ;) And actually, I'm not sure
this is really such a good solution anyway, since I'd probably have to
find somplace to host the image, which is certainly doable, but it adds
complications that I'd just as soon avoid.

Is character entity substition likely to still work against current
bots?

http://www.wbwip.com/wbw/emailencoder.html

Celejar