Re: fstab automatically being rescanned by ?

David Wright wrote:
> I can only make two further suggestions:
>
> Copy fstab to fstab.new and edit that, which allows frequent saves
> without side-effects. Then copy the new over the old when ready.

  yes, that makes sense.  thanks.  i just keep forgetting about
this annoying aspect and when it hits me it reminds me to go
find what is doing it and ripping it out and then i can't find
it and i get distracted and forget about it again.

> If you're adding devices, include nofail in the options, in case
> you make a mistake.

  i've been doing that since the change over to systemd borked my
system all those years ago.

  songbird