Re: fstab automatically being rescanned by ?

David Wright wrote:
> Perhaps   man systemd.mount   and its references might help.

  no help from those that makes sense to me.  :(

> I wasn't aware that *just* editing /etc/fstab would do this,
> but perhaps MATE has set a watch on the file?

  saving it kicks off a reload of it from systemd, but i'm
not sure where the actual configuration or lever is there to
turn this off.

  maybe gio/gconf/gsettings stuff which i hate almost as much
as MS registry editing.  just a horrible interface and design
decision IMO.  which is why i have spent so little time in the
past digging into it and why i don't know much about it even
now other than it is there and i hate it.  haha...  :)

  thanks, not sure i'm going to make any more headway on this
for the moment.

  songbird