Re: Running debian on WSL (windows-system-for-linux)

On 3/25/21 8:23 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Does anybody have any experience running debian on a WSL
(windows-system-for-linux) machine?
I don't, sorry.

I need to get a machine for family use, but i would also like to be able to
also use it myself.
But I do have experience with using Debian for "the family computer".

same here. My wife went to Debian Mate on he laptop about 5 years ago. I set it up "user friendly" for her to readily access and use the things she wants to do. With a few minor tweaks now and again she is happy.

Me too, I no longer have to figure out how to constantly fix Windows.

So maybe you can just ditch the Windows part,

         Stefan