Re: mdadm and whole disk array members

On 2021-03-23 08:44, deloptes wrote:
deloptes wrote:

A friend told me that he found out it is a problem in some BIOSes with
UEFI that can not handle a boot of md UEFI partition.
Perhaps it also depends how they handle the raid of a whole disk.
Are you trying to boot from that raid?
Forgot to ask what is in your /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf and the IDs of the disks

IMO the problem is that if it is not a partition the mdadm can not assemble
as it is looking for a partition, but not sure how grub or whatever handle
it when you boot off the drive.

The drives use normal /dev/sd* ids. They are not being booted from. I had updated /etc/mdadm/mdadm/conf with the new information for the array after creating it.

When I did exactly the same thing after creating a single FD00 partition on the drives, everything worked.