Re: Cannot see update to recent linux kernel 5.10.19-1~bpo10+1 (from 5.10.13-1~bpo10+1)

On 2021-03-22 at 07:22, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Lu, 22 mar 21, 07:11:46, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> On 2021-03-22 at 03:31, didier gaumet wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> There is a linux-image-5.10.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 package but
>>> linux-image-5.10.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 has yet to be uploaded
>>> (linux-image-5.10.0-0.bpo.4-amd64-unsigned is there already)
>>
>> Are you sure that's it?
>>
>> I thought the same thing at first, but when I looked at the
>> 'testing' link in the 'versions' sidebar from
>> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/linux I saw the same
>> '-amd64-unsigned present, -amd64 missing' pattern for
>> linux-image-5.10.0-4 listed, even though 'apt-cache policy' on my
>> system shows both that and the -amd64-unsigned package as being
>> available in current testing.
>>
>> I was guessing maybe the signing process leads to that package not
>> being listed on those pages, but maybe you know something I don't,
>> or maybe the -amd64 version of the testing package *is* there and
>> I'm just managing to miss it?
>
> In any case, backports is, by definition, lagging behind testing.

Yes, but that should only be reflected in the fact that the package
version is different, not in which packages are available (barring the
case where the newer version changed which packages get built, which
doesn't apply here).

Note that I checked the stable-backports listing for the version
specified in the OP, and the testing listing for the version shown on my
system as available in testing.

If that's not the root of your point, then I'm missing it, and would be
glad to see it explained.

--
   The Wanderer