Re: Markdown previewer

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 05:21:49PM +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:

[...]

> I could write a script which would convert Markdown documents to HTML
> and then call Firefox on the result, but I'm surprised there is no MD
> viewer like xdvi or qpdfview.

This may be due to the fact that, if you look closely, Markdown is
a monster.

There are many variants, a significant subset of them allows a varying
subset of HTML (which one?) as an extension, and quite a few are just
specified by some single implementation.

It is one of those extremely interesting cases where a clear strength
(simplicity, under-specification: thus I can hack something together
over a weekend in Perl; since I'm rendering to HTML anyway, if table
support isn't enough... well, duh, I can pass-through tables and so
on) can turn around.

Note that I am *not* judging. This simplicity and underspecification
*is a strength* (I /love/ Org Mode), but it is also a weakness. You
seem to be running into the latter :-)

Have a look at [1]. Does it remind you of [2]?

Cheers
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown
[2] https://xkcd.com/927/
 - t