Re: Using Gmail on Debian mailing lists

On Saturday 13 March 2021 23:25:53 David Wright wrote:

> On Fri 12 Mar 2021 at 22:50:48 (-0500), Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > As long as it's clear I'm pointing at the technology, not the
> > > user.
> > >
> > > Hot off the press:
> > > https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/03/msg00735.html
> > >
> > > This pair is odd; is the MUA using the time of arrival of the
> > > OP at some location?
> > > https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2020/12/msg00968.html
> > > https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2020/12/msg00970.html
> >
> > Might the OP be useing a hot spot?
>
> Oh, these suggestions were just straws I was grasping at.
>
> For example, someone using a getmail-a-like might latch on
> to the time of that transfer (local time, in localised format …)
> and prefer it to the proper Date:.
>
> And the time of reply would be an obvious consequence of
> evaluating $(date) rather than $(date --date="… …") from
> the Date: field.
>
> > Well, at least it isn't me. KMail has been good for me for around 2
> > decades, and the tde version has been quite solid, generally
> > speaking.
>
> Heh, heh, you'd have heard about it before now. :)

Without a doubt, David, there are folks here who know far more than I
about the finer points. And the proper attitude is to welcome the
education. Unforch, I am observing a huge rejection of that idea over on
the clamav list. And its getting damned boring.

> Cheers,
> David.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)