Re: [?]Are Realtek Audio Drivers for Linux available for use

>>     To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>>     Subject: Re: [?]Are Realtek Audio Drivers for Linux available for use
>>     From: deloptes <d***s@gmail.com>
>>     Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 12:13:28 +0100
>> ...		...	[snipped]	...		...	[snipped]	...		...
>>
>> https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Lenovo/IdeaPad%20300-15ISK
>>
>> what is your expectation? it seems the audio works OOTB
>>
>> You should also upgrade your stretch, BTW.
>
> Thank you for replying to my query.
>
> Expectation is enabling Duplex audio. Record while playing AV stream.
> With pulseaudio Volume Control. Isn't possible presently.

My understanding is that you expect the feature you need to come from
the audio driver, but IIUC in systems like Debian, this kind of feature
is actually provided independently from the hardware's driver.

IOW your problem is not with the Realtek audio drivers but with the
audio system you're using on top of it (presumably pulseaudio).

So you might want to rephrase your question (and change the title) in
terms of "how do I do <foo> with pulseaudio".

        Stefan