Re: Plasma can be a lightweight

Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z composed on 2021-03-10 19:03 (UTC-0400):

> Felix Miata composed on 2021-03-10 16:41 (UTC-0500):

>> Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z composed on 2021-03-10 14:59 (UTC-0400):

>>> I'm new to mailing lists.  I didn't now you could link threads (it is
>>> threads, right?).

>> I really have no idea what this question is about.

> I mean, change the subject of the message for a specific conversation.
> But the email program recognizes the different subjects as different
> conversations.

Such things vary among email clients and their configurations. When threading is
not broken (thread breakages is very common), in a proper threaded-capable email
reader, a change in subject line will have no effect on threaded display.

>>> Even more that the results published at Forbes.

>> ???

> Sorry, it was a link from the other conversation:
> https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/10/23/bold-prediction-kde-will-steal-the-lightweight-linux-desktop-crown-in-2020/?sh=763cb23826d2

OK. That's the comparison from the year before the Youtube video I linked to upthread.

>>> Could it run then with an Intel Atom N455 and just 1 GB of RAM?
>>> Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I'm curious.  I could try it later.

>> Plasma, yes. Plasma with Firefox or Chromium, not for long or with lots of tabs
>> kept open, or Firefox and LibreOffice and Gimp at the same time, unless you are a
>> patient person.

> Looks like this little mini laptop would need something like LXQt for
> doing some work.
> Even though, Plasma looks so lightweight that I could even give it a
> try, I'm also patient.

Until you try enough, you won't know what's best for yourself. :)
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
	is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/