Re: Hardware requirements between Debian 9 and 10

> How much ram do you have?
> If it is 4Gb or less you should probably use i386 instead of the amd64 version of Debian.

Yes, I was reading the amd64 version because I was also
attempting to install Debian on a 4GB and Intel Core 2 Duo vPro
desktop PC, which I thought could run Debian 10 with KDE.

> I'd start with Debian 10 and LXDE or LxQt:
> https://opensource.com/article/19/12/lxqt-lxde-linux-desktop
>
> and switch to the Debian 9 only if they work really slow.

Sounds reasonable, but I would prefer to not download
4 GB of the DVD image twice, my internet connection is not so fast.

> Desktop environment and Linux kernel are not the only CPU and memory consumers.
> Modern browsers and modern websites are heavy. I am not sure if average site works well with Firefox that runs on Pineview, but it is worth trying.

It works well on Windows if you don't have too much tabs opened at the same time.