Re: on the verge of shopping for new desktop hardware, recommendations?

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 4:46 PM IL Ka <kazakevichilya@gmail.com> wrote:
A random thought:
Check mac addresses, make sure they aren't the same.

Thanks for the thought.

That is a reasonable sanity check.

But as it happens, all the mac addrs on all these boxes are different --- i've accumulated a list of them due to various adventures in trying to get the networking functional :) :)

[Although, i guess i do not know the mac addr of the modem-router  --- is there a user-level move i can make on my debian box to see what the mac addr of my modem-router is?]

dan