Re: Sharing a scanner from a Buster system

On Sun 07 Mar 2021 at 13:07:54 -0500, John Boxall wrote:

> On 2021-03-07 12:45 p.m., Brian wrote:
> > On Sun 07 Mar 2021 at 17:34:59 +0000, Brian wrote:
> >
> > John,
> >
> > I forgot to ask before - and forgot again! What device are you using?
> >

> An Epson Perfection 2480 Photo.

An oldie! What you have done is the only way to to export this scanner
to the network. Hats off to the SANE project.

> So, having read a little further, maybe I could have used the Epson offering
> for a driver. I didn't because, well, I hadn't read further and because "it
> just worked" under Bullseye.

The epson2 free backend works for you. Stick with it.

> I haven't rebuilt the specific system in question to Buster yet, but on my
> test system with the scanner attached the bug report fix worked fine.

That is good to know. Debian + SANE + you work well together and for the
benefit of everyone..

--
Brian