Re: Sharing a scanner from a Buster system

On 2021-03-05 12:04 p.m., Brian wrote:

Thank you, too. In the light of your issue, the Troubleshooting section
now has a link to the bug report. Hopefully, this will help users.

Brian, in the reference to the bug report, were you referring to the file:

/etc/udev/rules.d/65-libsane.rules

Contents:
ENV{libsane_matched}=="yes", RUN+="/bin/setfacl -m g:scanner:rw $env{DEVNAME}"

I suppose I could have changed /lib/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules to include that line. Not sure which is cleaner. If I upgrade the system from Buster to Bullseye the file I created would be redundant.

Thoughts?

--
Regards,

John Boxall