<Solved> Re: The best way to install inkscape 1.0 on Debian stable

On 3/5/21 10:58 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 05 March 2021 03:08:00 Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
>
>> On 3/5/21 9:02 AM, A_Man_Without_Clue wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> What is the best way to install the latest version of the inkscape
>>> on Buster?
>>>
>>> Buster installs inkscape 0.9 and I still encounter lots of bugs with
>>> it. I would like to try the latest but what is the best way to
>>> install newest version? Download .deb file?
>>
>> They provide appimage, just download and run it.
>
> Which works, but I just now looked at .profile, and found that when I
> looked at my $PATH, AppImage was not being added. I had several months
> ago, created a $HOME/AppImages directory to store them in.
>
> It worked well for that, but wasn't being added to my $PATH. Seem like it
> might be handy if it was.
>
> It was easier to add the missing 's' those two places in my .profile than
> it was to fix all the links that would need to be fixed as I have plural
> AppImages in that location now..
>
> Now any bash shell that doesn't have the right $PATH seems to be fixable
> by a ". $HOME/.profile".
>
> Those of you with multiple users might want to become root and fix the
> copy in /etc/skel so new users are also blessed. But you'll need to add
> the whole if/fi stanza to it. It was missing in my copy here. And I just
> checked a buster install, which didn't have it.
>
> Was there a valid reason its not? Or is the idea too new?
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Well, thanks all.
I have tried appimage for the first time, it launched but obviously
there is something wrong with my system other than inkscape itself, so I
have to figure out what that is first.

For now, I mark this thread as "Solved".

Thank you.

A Man Without any Clue