Re: Installation problems

On Thu, 2021-03-04 at 05:54 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
>    3. an Alcatel Linkzone sold me by T-Mobile, my ISP.
>       T-Mobile erroneously ASSUMES that *all* customers will use it as a
>       WiFi Hotspot to create a LAN of up to 15 devices.
>       I, however, disable the WiFi as that function has *NO* value to me.

Do you actually use the portability of the Alcatel Linkzone? If not
(and I know things look easier in hindsight) perhaps you shouldn't have
let them sell you it and bought a more suitable device, like a router
with a 4G SIM slot.

A quick search on Amazon shows your device for 54GBP and a TPLink 4G
router [1] with 4 ethernet ports at 74GBP (prices with 20% sales TAX).
You'd have to make sure what you bought worked with the variant of 4G
your country/ISP uses, but I'm sure you could find out online what
other people in your situation use.

[1] https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-MR6400-Unlocked-Configuration-Required-External/dp/B016ZWXYXG/

--
Tixy