Re: Preseed Bug or User Error?

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 18:47:16 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> > Major improvement, thank you! I did have to answer some questions on
> > the way through, but did get a good connection.
>
> Good. As I tried to indicate, the priority at which d-i is run affects
> which questions are asked. Otherwise you get the default; what you
> call the "correct selection" later on. My preseed file starts with
>
>   debconf debconf/priority string critical

That helped, thank you.

Something is preventing d-i from stopping before rebooting. I would
like to avoid that. There may be occasions when I want to examine the
results before I reboot. (I do know about /var/log/install.)

> Try
>
>   d-i netcfg/get_hostname string your_hostname
>
> It works for me.

I'm going to pass on that one. I would like to use my preseed file for
several machines, and they all get their host names via DHCP.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/