Re: Preseed Bug or User Error?

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 10:25:02 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> I wonder if this line is sufficient? Based on what works for me at
> priority critucal:
>
> d-i netcfg/wireless_show_essids select manual
> d-i netcfg/wireless_essid string Curleynet2
> d-i netcfg/wireless_security_type select wpa
> d-i netcfg/wireless_wpa >redacted<

Major improvement, thank you! I did have to answer some questions on
the way through, but did get a good connection.

For the record, here's my complete netcfg setup, other than commented
out lines:

d-i netcfg/link_wait_timeout string 4
d-i netcfg/get_domain string unassigned-domain
# Disable that annoying WEP key dialog.
d-i netcfg/wireless_wep string
d-i netcfg/wireless_essid string Curleynet2
d-i netcfg/wireless_security_type select wpa
d-i netcfg/wireless_wpa string >redacted<

Network related prompts I had to answer:

Primary network interface

Wireless networks

Auto-configure networking

Please enter the hostname

In all multiple choice cases, the correct selection was already
highlighted; I did not have to select another option.

I expect with a bit of playing around I can minimize those.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/