Re: is it possible to add a secondary disk to an existing debian systems and install programs to the secondary disk

[I re-arranged this to correct the top-posting]

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 at 16:54, Semih Ozlem <semihozlemlinuxuser@gmail.com> wrote:
> martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org>, 23 Şub 2021 Sal, 13:30 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

>> Maybe I can provide a quick and easy solution, depending on what happens when you type
>> $ sudo lvs
>> into a terminal. Could you let us know what that spits out?

> lvs is in which package?

My guess is that the 'lvs' mentioned is intended to be the
'lvs' in the 'lvm2' package, as shown below.

root@kablamm:~# type lvs
lvs is /sbin/lvs
root@kablamm:~# dpkg -S /sbin/lvs
lvm2: /sbin/lvs

However I am unsure why this was asked for.
If you are not already using LVM [1] on your system
then I would expect the 'lvs' command output to be blank.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Volume_Manager_(Linux)