Re: Firefox and Citrix on Debian Testing

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021, 8:51 AM Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
Aaron Elmquist wrote:
> I am on debian testing.  I installed the latest citrix workspace client
> from here:
>
> https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/linux/workspace-app-for-linux-latest.html
> - amd64 bit version.
>
> This seemed to work fine except firefox no longer downloaded content
> (chrome did) and syslogd was throwing errors.
>
> Removing the icaclient from the system seems to have resolved the issue.
>
> some of the error messages from the /var/log/syslog
> Feb 18 13:29:42 debian citrix-chrome[7962]: Failed to connect with logd.
> Feb 18 13:29:42 debian citrix-AppProtectionService[697]: Failed to connect
> with logd.
> Feb 18 13:29:42 debian citrix-kded5[2284]: Failed to connect with logd.
> Feb 18 13:29:42 debian citrix-kactivitymanagerd[2465]: Failed to connect
> with logd.
>
> Basically they are all saying that citrix cannot connect to logd.
>
> Also I did not install anything beyond just the client - did not configure
> citrix for any remote desktop.
>
> Wondering if this is just broken on testing, or are there other packages I
> need to install or workarounds available.

Have you asked Citrix to support the product that they are delivering to you?

No, I did not. You're right. I should start there.

Incidentally, what you are describing is "syslog is showing me
the errors", not "syslogd was throwing errors" which implies
that syslogd is not functioning properly.

Correct.  I don't believe there is an issue with syslogd and wrote that incorrectly.

-dsr-