Re: rsync to NAS for backup

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 05:06:33PM -0700, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 18:24:43 +0100
> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
>
> > Care to name some of those limitations?
> >
> > (of course, rsync /is not/ a backup program in itself, but lets you
> > build one with 10-30 lines around it).
>
> Why build one (which I have done) when you can get a perfectly good one
> from the Debian repos? E.g.: rsnapshot. Others have been mentioned on
> this thread.

My approach is: if reading the doc takes me significantly longer than
building, I do the latter.

In this case, this is... uh... the case :-)

YMMV, TANSTAAFL and all that.

For me, this is the end of the thread (I feel we've been everywhere,
everyone's happy with her solution and that).

Cheers

> --
> Does anybody read signatures any more?

I do, yes.