Re: Incorrect password Debian 10.8 after installation

On Lu, 08 feb 21, 04:49:28, John Berden wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm installing Debian 10.8 with a console installer. I use ISO
> debian-10.8.0-amd64-netinst.iso.
> After starting the system, I get a request for the user's password.
> I enter the correct password that I specified during installation. But I get
> a message that I entered the wrong password.
> Why and how to fix it?

Besides the obvious answer (the password is indeed wrong -- could happen
to anyone), maybe the keyboard layout is different that the one you are
expecting.

You can use the username field to test, in particular any special
characters your password might contain.

If you still can't figure it out the Debian Installer's 'rescue' mode
can be used to chroot into the install and reset the password.

Kind regards,
Andrei