Re: Strange statistics from gparted

On Du, 07 feb 21, 12:39:59, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I am experimenting with custom installs of MATE on Debian 10.7 .
> My goal is to minimize its footprint on disk, and reduce menu clutter.
> I have a default install with / on sda1.
> The custom install has / on sda2.
> Both installs use /sda3 for /home.
>
> When running gparted from the first, it reports
>   sda1 used space is 3.85 GB
>   sda2 used space is 2.25 GB
>
> When running gparted from the second, it reports
>   sda1 used space is 4.77 GB
>   sda2 used space is 1.80 GB
>
> Why?
> TIA ;}

Based on the limited information available my best guess is that you are
looking at different disk drives as the device names can change between
boots.

In any case, try comparing the outputs of 'parted -l' (needs root) and
'lsblk -f'. If you still see a discrepancy please paste the full output
of both commands.

Kind regards,
Andrei