Re: Flash Drive suddenly read only?

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 14:00:31 +0800
kaye n <guikaye@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I plug in my usb flash drive to my desktop computer, I can edit
> certain libreoffice calc files saved in that flash drive. But after I
> try to copy several dbf files from the desktop computer hard drive to
> the flash drive via the terminal, it says it's read only. When I open
> the calc files again, they are now read only and cannot be edited.

What file system is on the flash drive? What does gparted or parted
report?

Are the files marked read only (ro), or is the entire flash drive
mounted ro?

Are you editing the calc files from Linux or Windows?

How, exactly, are you mounting the flash drive under Linux. What
command?

How long has this been going on?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?