Flash Drive suddenly read only?

Hello Friends!

When I plug in my usb flash drive to my desktop computer, I can edit certain libreoffice calc files saved in that flash drive. But after I try to copy several dbf files from the desktop computer hard drive to the flash drive via the terminal, it says it's read only. When I open the calc files again, they are now read only and cannot be edited.

The desktop is dual boot system, windows 7 and Debian 10.

If it matters, the dbf files in the desktop hard drive are always edited in windows, then I sometimes log in to Debian and copy the desktop hard drive dbf files onto my usb flash drive.   I cannot do that anymore, as stated above. Even after rebooting or powering off.

Thank you for your time!
Kaye