Re: [OT] Wifi AP for Gigabit LAN/WAN

On 2021-01-26 01:07, basti wrote:

On 26.01.21 00:39, David Christensen wrote:
Am 25.01.21 um 20:16 schrieb basti:
Hello,
at the moment I use 802.11n /2.4GHz wifi. I get 1 Gbit down/250 Mbit up
WAN in 2 months.
I'm search for wifi AP to get the best out of my WAN connection.
I know I need 5GHz wifi.

+1 for Ubiquiti UniFi products:

https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050130353-UniFi-UniFi-Overview

I started with one UniFi AP AC Lite and set it up with the built-in web
interface.  It has worked flawlessly ever since.

Can I manage my device without the UniFi software via browser or cli?

For my AP AC Lite:

https://www.ui.com/download/unifi/default/default/unifi-ac-lite-ap-quick-start-guide

I see two choices:

1.  UniFi Network Controller software for Debian/ Ubuntu, Windows, or macOS:

    https://www.ui.com/download/unifi

2.  UniFi Network smartphone application for iOS or Android:

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/unifi-network/id1057750338

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubnt.easyunifi&hl=en&gl=US

Once configured, the AP will continue to work without any of the above. So, you can use either like a consumer AP browser control panel.

David