Re: [OT] Wifi AP for Gigabit LAN/WAN

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 01:59:43PM +0100, basti wrote:
[...]
> Yes I know, Wifi can't get 1Gbit at the moment, I would only get close
> to it. 500Mbit/s are also OK (the TP-link Archer C7) seems to get it and
> this is much more than my 300Mbit that I have at the moment.

If 300MBit/s is what you really get right now, you are OK.
Most likely whatever you will change will not get much higher than that.
Sure the specs will always claim more , but real life effective
throughput of 300 MBits/s is pretty much great bordering on awesome.

> The possibility to run openWRT at the TP-link Archer C7 sounds good,
> I will have a look at.

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com