Re: Disk problem whilst attempting to install Buster (10.7)

On Lu, 25 ian 21, 18:12:18, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
> On 25/01/2021 17:58, Dan Ritter wrote:
> >
> > {i} A wired ethernet connection is essentially required to use
> > the netinst installer and install non-free firmware (if you're
> > using installation media without the non-free iwlwifi drivers).
> > This is because the wired connection works out of the box, but
> > extra non-free drivers are needed for the wi-fi card.

The image already containing non-free firmware should work then ;)

> >     You could also use another Debian computer to download the
> > packages onto a USB stick, and you can manually install the
> > required extra packages from it using dpkg - but using a wired
> > connection is easier.
> >

> Hello Dan,  I've been using Bullseye for several months, but thought I'd
> better stay with Buster as this m/c was bought for a naive friend. It
> now looks as if Bullseye is the better bet so I'll give it a go tomorrow.

The freeze for bullseye has already started, so the usual warnings are
against using testing are relaxed.

https://release.debian.org/bullseye/freeze_policy.html

There will still be many updates until the release, but generally only
minor and/or Debian only versions, to fix release critical bugs.

Kind regards,
Andrei