Re: sharing a network connection from debian to non-debian

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 10:09 PM Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Du, 24 ian 21, 14:05:07, Dan Hitt wrote:

> Now, i do not have a command 'nft', or at least, no place that i can find a
> path to it.   The man page for iptables-nft however lists your very command
> as an example, 'nft list ruleset'.  But i cannot find 'nft' anywhere in the
> filesystem (except as a directory in linux-headers-xxxx).

It's part of package 'nftables' and should be installed in /usr/sbin/.
The package 'nftables' is a Recommends of 'iptables'.

What is the output of?

    apt-config dump | grep -i recommends

Kind regards,
Andrei

Thanks Andrei for your message.

I installed nftables and now i have nft, and it gives me  more details.

And just for reference, the command 'apt-config dump | grep -i recommends' gives me
    APT::Install-Recommends "1";

dan