Re: debian-user list information and guidelines : don't use CC mail list

Hi hello

On 24/1/2021 3:24 am, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
The mailing list is a Debian communication forum. As such, it is subject to both the Debian mailing list Code of Conduct and the main Debian Code of Conduct

https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct

This is a fairly busy mailing list and you may have to wait for an answer - please be patient. Please post answers back to the list so others can benefit; private
conversations don't benefit people who may be following along on the list or reading the archives later.

Help and advice on this list is provided by volunteers in their own time. It is common for there to be different opinions or answers provided. If responding to
someone, be considerate of their time and effort.

I would like ask opinion on a little proposal to add new rule regrading using CC with mail list address.

The reason is, why the sender need to use "TO" to original sender / reply-er and CC the mail list, since the original sender / reply-er also subscriber to the same mailing list.

In another case, maybe someone not subscriber but try to help or ask for help directly but Debian additional CoC said "Do not quote messages that were sent to you by other people in private mail, unless agreed beforehand"

I prepared ASCII table for comparison matrix here[1] have a look, I could paste the table here since it may look broken on your email client.

What I wish is to add one more additional code of conduct which something like "Do not send or reply email with CC mailing list, instead please use TO mailing address to send message if the person you want to communicate is coming from mail list" (need better sentences)

Let me know what do you think about it.

[1] https://gist.githubusercontent.com/RobbiNespu/ed58a5cf28560e47a8a6a3f717bdccca/raw/47a06adc566e00c9055b3c8a7b40ab70e5494f39/gistfile1.txt

--
Email: Robbi Nespu <robbinespu AT SPAMFREE gmail DOT com>
PGP fingerprint : D311 B5FF EEE6 0BE8 9C91 FA9E 0C81 FA30 3B3A 80BA